Deadline: 26 August 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for The Westpac Research Fellowship to offer early career researchers a unique opportunity to support their groundbreaking research, provide access to networks, open career pathways and global experiences.
The Westpac Scholars Trust is partnering with Australia’s leading research universities to offer four Westpac Research Fellowships, each valued at a minimum of $400,000 over 3 years.
Successful applicants will need to be able to demonstrate how their proposed research will contribute to the future growth and prosperity of Australia in at least one of the following priority areas:
- Enabling positive social change;
- Technology and innovation; and
- Strengthening the ties between Australia and Asia.
Funding is available to commence by 30 June 2020 for a maximum of five years.
Fellowship applicants must demonstrate:
- Academic excellence and achievements to date.
- A supportive and high quality research environment.
- A desire to be part of and contribute to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
- A strong sense of connection to Australia and commitment to improving the lives of others.
- The attributes of a Westpac Research Fellow.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must have been awarded a PhD between 1 September 2013 and 1 September 2016; or have obtained an Eligibility Exemption from the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research) or equivalent of the host university.
- Applicants proposed area of research must be in a field of research at a participating university with an Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) four digit Field of Research (FOR) rating of “well above world standard”. For a comprehensive list of FOR codes by university, visit the Australian Research Council’s website.
- Applicants must commence applicants Fellowship by 30 June 2020.
- Applicants proposed research must include international opportunities which will develop applicants leadership skills and global networks, such as; study tours for the purpose of research, attending a short course or conference, an internship or volunteering.
- Applicants must supply two letters of reference, one academic reference and one personal reference as well as a letter of support from the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) or equivalent.
- Applicants must be able to attend the National Selection Panel to be held in Sydney 9-10 December 2019 (travel and accommodation costs to be covered by the Westpac Scholars Trust)
- If successful, applicants must attend the Westpac Scholars’ Summit, 2-3 April 2020, in Sydney (paid for by the Trust).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://scholars.westpacgroup.com.au/scholarships/research-fellowship/