Deadline: 1 October 2019
The Wilson Center is inviting scholars, practitioners, journalists and public intellectuals to take part in its flagship international Fellowship Program which aims to unite the world of ideas to the world of policy by supporting pre-eminent scholarship and linking that scholarship to issues of concern to officials in Washington.
Through an international competition, the Center offers 9-month residential fellowships. Fellows conduct research and write in their areas of interest, while interacting with policymakers in Washington and Wilson Center staff and other scholars in residence. The Center accepts policy-relevant, non-advocacy fellowship proposals that address key challenges confronting the United States and the world.
In addition to its residential program, the Center conducts research through its programs, organizes conferences and seminars, and disseminates the content of its work and fellows’ research through its website and email marketing. The Center invites Fellows to take part in the Center’s conferences, meetings and seminars and to benefit from the wide range of dialogue that takes place at the Center.
- Citizens or permanent residents from any country (applicants from countries outside the United States must hold a valid passport and be able to obtain a J-1 visa even if they are currently in the United States).
- Women and men with outstanding capabilities and experience from a wide variety of backgrounds (including academia, business, government, journalism, law, and other professions).
- Academic candidates must be at the post-doctoral level and have published a book or monograph beyond the Ph.D. dissertation.
- Practitioners or policymakers with an equivalent level of professional achievement.
- English proficiency as the Center is designed to encourage the exchange of ideas among its fellows.
- Applicants do not need an institutional affiliation to apply. For most academic candidates, a book or monograph is required.
- Scholars and practitioners who previously held research awards or fellowships at the Wilson Center are not precluded from applying for a fellowship.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit https://www.wilsoncenter.org/fellowship-application-guidelines