Deadline: 31 March 2020
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS) is seeking applications for scholarship program and academic exchange competition for young Bulgarian scientists and activities of the Bulgarian scientific diaspora in the field of humanities and social sciences.
The scholarship program aims at promoting top-level research and international knowledge transfer, enhancing the qualifications and supporting the career development of young Bulgarian scholars in the humanities and social sciences.
Disciplinary, methodological and thematic restrictions on project proposals will not be applied. Decisive for the selection are only the potential of the applicant and the quality of the project.
Fellows will have access to electronic and library resources and will be fully integrated into regular research seminars and discussions on ongoing Center for Academic Research programs.
- Five 9-month scholarships for young Bulgarian researchers and teachers of 800 euros a month, of which 1 month stay in a research institution abroad / Europe.
- The scholarship is awarded for the academic year 2020-2021: from October 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- It is expected that during the scholarship period, approved applicants will fully devote themselves to the requested study.
Conditions for Participation
- Applicants are required to be Bulgarian citizens and have a PhD;
- To be young scientists: postdoctoral fellows, assistants, research assistants or associate professors with up to 12 years of experience after defending a thesis;
- Excellent command of English;
- International experience and publications in prestigious scientific publications are an advantage.
As an international scientific organization, CAS conducts the bulk of its English-language research activities. His good knowledge is an essential prerequisite for the successful integration of the fellow into existing research teams and the seminars and discussions they hold. For these reasons, only applicants with a good command of the language will be considered for selection.
- Applicants are selected by the CAS International Academic Council , based on the applicant’s experience and project quality. The highest rated applicants will be invited for an interview on 22 and 23 June 2020. The results will be announced in July 2020 via electronic communications and on the CAS website.
- The Academic Council reserves the right, in the case of equivalent applications, to give preference to applicants who have not been fellows in the previous three years or who have not repeatedly received CAS scholarships. CAS does not undertake to disclose selection comments and evaluations.
- High quality of the academic portfolio and publications of the applicant, participation in international projects;
- An original and innovative research project with significant contributions;
- Priority will be given to projects with an interdisciplinary and / or comparative approach.
For more information, visit https://cas.bg/en/news/advanced-academia-fellowships-for-bulgarian-scholars-1944.html