The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) has been launched for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to enhancing skill development and promote economic development.
It is a Certificate Program in Public Policy and Management offered by IIMs. It has been designed at the initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI), and implemented in collaboration with State Skill Development Missions (SSDMs).
The two-year Fellowship seeks to combine classroom sessions (Academic Module) host IIMs with an intensive field immersion at the district level (District Immersion) to create credible plans and identify barriers in raising employment, economic output, and promote livelihoods in rural areas.
MGNF 2021-23 will be rolled out nationally in more than 660 districts across India. The program will be hosted by 9 IIMs (IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Jammu, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Lucknow, IIM Nagpur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Udaipur and IIM Visakhapatnam) separately with IIM Bangalore managing the common admission process.
What’s in it for you?
- The fellowship is a unique opportunity to promote skill development in district economies.
- The two-year blended program combines classroom sessions at host IIMs with the mentorship of Fellows while in the district.
- It provides an opportunity to engage with schemes and institutions at the district level to strengthen institutions and improve skill development, link markets and create growth.
- Candidates selected from the 2021-23 admissions cycle will be fully funded by MSDE.
- On joining the program, the candidate will receive a stipend of Rs. 50,000 per month during Year 1 of the program. On completing the requirements of Year 1, the candidate will receive a stipend of Rs. 60,000 per month during Year 2 of the program.
- Should be a citizen of India;
- Age between 21-30 years at the time of application;
- At least a graduate in any discipline (Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc.) from a recognized university or a post-graduate from a recognized university;
- Three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas is preferred. However, individuals with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply;
- Ability to express proficiency in the official language used in the state government.
For more information, visit https://www.iimb.ac.in/mgnf