The Yunus & Youth Global Fellowship (Y&Y Fellowship) is a virtual, six-month program that is designed specifically for operating social businesses. The program is free, with no fee or equity stake required, and the application season is now open for the seventh global cohort.
They offer Y&Y Fellows a high-quality experience that includes access to their online training platform, interactive projects, mentoring with Fortune 500 professionals, and access to top thinkers and institutions around the world. The experience culminates in a final pitch competition with a panel of impact investors.
Long after you graduate, you will be part of the Y&Y community. The relationships you build will transform your social business and ultimately help promote sustainable global development and economic growth for their world.
What does the Yunus & Youth Global Fellowship include?
- Online training: Y&Y Fellow’s access training on an online platform, including interactive assignments designed to help Fellows build a strong business plan.
- Tailored to the needs of each Fellow: The Y&Y team works closely with each Y&Y Fellow to connect them with the specialized tools and training they need.
- Mentors from Fortune 500 companies: Y&Y Fellows are matched with mentors from Fortune 500 companies, bringing know-how from the private sector.
- Insights from top sources: Y&Y offers Fellows the opportunity to learn from top social business thinkers, such as Professor Muhammad Yunus and researchers from prominent institutions.
- Final pitch competition: At the end of the program, Y&Y Fellows pitch to a panel of investors with deep knowledge of social businesses.
- Global community: Y&Y Fellows become part of a network of social business leaders, building close ties that last long after their cohort graduates.
- They welcome applicants between 18 and 30 years of age who hold primary decision-making power in organizations created to solve a social or sustainable challenge in their community. They seek applicants who are committed to building a business strategy that makes your organization scalable, financially sustainable, and able to quantify your impact.
- They understand that only a few countries allow organizations to register as social enterprises, so many social entrepreneurs opt to register their initiatives as non-profits or traditional businesses. For Yunus & Youth, it is essential that you are committed to solving a social or sustainability problem, and are dedicated to developing a financial model that does not depend on grants or donations.
- Co-founders or other team members are welcome to join all activities conducted during the program.
- They invite up to 35 young social entrepreneurs to join each cohort of the Y&Y Fellowship Program.
How do you select Y&Y Fellows?
They are looking for candidates who:
- Lead an early-stage social business that solves a social or environmental issue aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision of their social business, typically as a founder or managing director
- Can dedicate at least 5 hours per week to the Y&Y Fellowship
- Will contribute to the growth and development of the Y&Y community
- Can communicate effectively in English
- Are between the ages of 18 and 30, with exceptions for outstanding applicants outside that range
For more information, visit https://yunusandyouth.com/apply