The Australia Awards scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders for development. Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia.
Australia’s international development assistance in Pakistan helps promote prosperity, reduce poverty, and enhance political stability.
Applicants are assessed on their professional and personal qualities, academic competence, and, most importantly, their potential to impact development challenges in Pakistan.
Priority Fields of Study
- Australia Awards scholarships will be offered to professionals working in sectors that support Pakistan to achieve sustainable development with a particular focus on the empowerment of women and girls, water security, agriculture, infrastructure, and inclusive economic development.
Level of Study
- Australia Awards scholarships provide citizens of Pakistan with the opportunity to obtain a qualification at an Australian tertiary institution.
- Scholarships for commencement in 2022 will be only for Masters level studies.
Australia Awards Benefits
- Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training.
- Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- return air travel;
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival;
- full tuition fees;
- contribution to living expenses;
- introductory academic program;
- overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship;
- supplementary academic support;
- fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component.
- English language proficiency:
- Applicants must have achieved an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or higher (with no individual band score of less than 6.0) or an equivalent TOEFL or PTE score. Scores must be valid at 1 January 2022.
- Commencement of study:
- All scholarships must be taken up in the year for which they are awarded, this however also depends on travel restrictions due to COVID-19.
- Country-specific conditions:
- In addition to the eligibility requirements, candidates from Pakistan must also meet the following conditions:
- be a Pakistani citizen currently residing in Pakistan and applying for the scholarship from Pakistan.
- not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- have completed 16 years of education and five years of relevant work experience in Pakistan.
- not be more than 45 years of age at the time of submitting the application.
- People with a disability who meet the eligibility criteria may submit an application with an IELTS score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.0, but if they are selected, they must re-sit an English Language Proficiency Test to be arranged by Australia Awards – Pakistan) and achieve the required score before they can take up their scholarship.
- submit a Development Impact Plan, which outlines clear objectives and motivations to contribute to development in Pakistan.
- return to Pakistan at the completion of their study for at least two years.
For more information, visit https://www.dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/pakistan-information-for-intake