Australia Awards scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders for development.
Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia.
Priority Fields of Study
The priority areas of study for the Palestinian Territories that align with the development priorities of the Palestinian Territories are:
- public policy
Australia Awards scholarships in the Palestinian Territories do not support medical degrees.
Level of Study: Awards will be offered for commencement in 2022 and are only for Masters Degree level at an Australian tertiary institution.
Australia Awards scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training.
Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- full tuition fees
- contribution to living expenses
- introductory academic program
- overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- supplementary academic support,
- fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component.
- Scholarships are open to Palestinian residents of the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem.
- Applicants will be assessed on their professional and personnel qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to impact on development challenges in the Palestinian Territories.
- Applications from women and people with disability are strongly encouraged.
- The scholarships are aimed at mid-career professionals furthering their career through study.
- Applicant who has been offered a scholarship must have achieved an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or higher (with no individual band score of less than 6.0) or an equivalent TOEFL or PTE score.
For more information, visit https://www.dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/palestinian-territories-information-for-intake