Deadline: 8 July 2016
The British Council currently invites applications for its GSK UK–GHANA Health Fellowship Programme, an exchange initiative between the UK and SSA to support sustainable improvement in the health systems, through a structured skills and health gap assessment and bilateral knowledge transfer.
This unique exchange programme will provide a new learning opportunity for both UK and SSA professionals to improve the healthcare delivery in their home countries. This initiative will contribute to the improvement of the health delivery system in SSA countries and the UK by providing essential skills, tools and resources to relevant areas within the health systems.
The project seeks to:
- Develop cost effective and sustainable solutions in health delivery systems in SSA through bilateral partnerships, commissioned research and gap analysis assessment by leading UK institutions and professionals.
- Ensure that findings from the assessment inform innovation and support health delivery policy at a national level.
- Engage 500,000 people in rural communities across SSA through implementing recommendations proposed in the health sector assessment.
- Encourage diverse health fellows from the UK to help bridge identified gaps in SSA countries based on the findings of the initial health assessment to be conducted by 2 pioneer fellows from leading UK institutions.
- Facilitate participation of health professionals from SSA at international health conferences (especially in intervention areas) across the world to raise awareness about health delivery approaches and challenges in SSA.
- Create a network of active and skilled health professionals in the UK and SSA countries to dialogue, share medical knowledge and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships beyond the bilateral fellowship.
- Link leading medical institutions in the UK to medical centres in SSA countries to share and exchange medical research, review and develop tools, manuals, resource guides and to document learning on-the-job to improve the health delivery systems at country level.
To be eligible for the GSK UK-Ghana Health Fellowship programme, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Aged over 18
- Currently affiliated to UK higher education institution or teaching hospital
- Available for at least four months from October 2016- January 2017 to travel to Ghana
- Hold a valid passport to travel to Ghana and visa if necessary
- Hold a UK bank account for the monthly stipend to be paid in to.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a fellowship application form, together with your full CV and two references (these must be originals and no more than two years old) via email.
Eligible Country: UK
For more information, please visit UK–GHANA Health Fellowship.