The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the U.S. Department of State is inviting proposal submissions for design and implementation of 2021 Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders.
The Fellowship aims to build the skills of young African leaders to improve the accountability and transparency of government, start and expand their own businesses, and serve their communities. The Fellowship provides African leaders with the opportunity to further develop their skills through six weeks of intensive Leadership Institutes at a U.S. college or university as well as other activities.
The Mandela Washington Fellowship is the flagship program of the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), which aims to strengthen democratic institutions and good governance, spur economic growth and prosperity, and enhance peace and security across Africa and the United States.
- Approximate Total Funding: $50,850,000.
- Ceiling of Award Range: $16,950,000 for FY 2021 base year (or $50,850,000 for the base year plus two Non-Competitive Continuation years).
- Approximate Average Award: $16,950,000 for FY 2021 base year (or $50,850,000 for the base year plus two Non-Competitive Continuation years).
- Anticipated Award Date: June 1, 2021.
- U.S. public and private non-profit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3) may submit applications for this competition. Applicants must have nonprofit status with the IRS at the time of application.
- All applicants must also have a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) number and be registered in SAM.gov
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331653