Deadline: 17 June 2016
The Reuters Institute is inviting applicants for a Google Digital News Journalist Fellowship as part of its world renowned Journalist Fellowship Programme based at the Reuters Institute in Oxford. The Journalism Fellowship Programme enables mid-career journalists to improve their knowledge and focus on an in-depth piece of research.
The fellowship will appeal to a journalist who is excited by the opportunity of producing a research paper based on some aspect of either the survey data or digital journalism more generally with a direct focus on the professional and industry implications based on their own experience.
- Attend seminars given by a diverse and high-level range of guest speakers who will share their insights into key industry trends and developments.
- Work with an experienced supervisor, usually an Oxford academic, to produce a research paper of publishable quality.
- Visit world-class news organisations and gain insights into how they are approaching industry challenges.
- Join trips to key UK cultural and political organisations and institutions. Previous destinations have included Oxfam, the House of Commons and Stratford-upon-Avon, home of Shakespeare.
- Have a minimum of five years experience working as a journalist in any specialism.
- Be able to demonstrate a level of English that allows to participate fully in the programme and write a research paper of publishable quality.
How to Apply
Applicants must send application form via mail through the given website.
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
For more information, please visit Digital News Journalist Fellowship.