Deadline: 18 October 2016
The Governance & Food Safety in International Food Chains course is organized by the Wageningen UR Center for Development Innovation in order to take measures to deliver safe food as well as to create sustainable business governments, producers, manufacturers and retail.
The three-week course empowers participants to manage food safety throughout the value chain. Participants will
- Learn about functional elements like standards and regulations, monitoring and surveillance, control management, inspection and certification, risk communication, and training and education.
- Practice a step-wise approach to improve their own control system: benchmark current practice, identify local challenges and opportunities and design a strategy to manage the change process.
- Develop skills (and confidence) to engage with others to bring about change in their own organization, major clients or other stakeholders.
The course objectives are to make participants:
- explain key concepts and elements of national food safety;
- describe current safety hazards and understand how these translate into risk and control limits;
- identify institutional constraints and options to improve national control systems;
- engage in setting up or improving elements of a (national) food safety control system;
- advise governments, sector organisations and development organisations on food safety governance issues;
- develop education and training programmes on food safety control;
Location: The Netherlands
This course is aimed at business, civic society or government professionals engaged in food quality and safety management, including research, public controls, production, manufacturing and trade. Participants need to have a professional education and at least three years of professional experience in agri-food chains, be proficient in the English language, have some computer skills and be able to share real life cases.
For more information, please visit Governance & Food Safety in International Food Chains.
Apply for the course here.