Deadline: 15 June 2016
CRDF Global is currently inviting applications for its Visiting Scholar Fellowship at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) with an aim to facilitate collaborative research projects between Saudi and U.S. researchers and encourage academic exchange between the Saudi and the U.S. science community.
This program focuses specifically on U.S. researchers in the natural sciences and engineering, ranging from senior investigators to post-doctoral researchers with at least two years of experience in their current U.S. lab.
Applicants will participate in the 2016 Visiting Scholar Fellowship program to achieve the following goals:
- Complete basic collaborative research that leads to a conference presentation or peer-reviewed journal article;
- Build professional networks with KAUST scientists to foster future cooperation, including joint proposals for future funding.
Eligible KAUST research centers for visiting scholar fellowships include:
- Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Center
- Catalysis Center
- Clean Combustion Research Center
- Computational Bioscience Research Center
- Extreme Computing Research Center
- Red Sea Research Center
- Solar and Photovoltaics Engineering Research Center
- Upstream Petroleum Engineering Research Center
- Visual Computing Center
- Water Desalination and Reuse Center
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States;
- Have a professional proficiency in English (knowledge of Arabic is not necessary, English is the operating language at KAUST);
- Be a U.S. professor or post-doctoral researchers with at least two years’ experience in their current U.S. academic laboratory;
- Submit an approval from their supervisor (Letter of Support) along with their application.
How to Apply
- All proposal application materials must be submitted electronically via email.
- Proposal application materials must be compiled in the following document files for submission. Acceptable file formats are MS Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf).
- Completed Proposal Application, including research proposal
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Signed Institutional Letter of Support
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Visiting Scholar Fellowship.