Applications for DSM | One Young World Scholarship 2022 are now open.
DSM is a global, purpose-led company in Health, Nutrition & Bioscience, applying science to improve the health of people, animals and the planet. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM’s products and solutions address some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large.
The DSM | One Young World Scholarship will support young entrepreneurs who are making a local or global impact on agri-food systems in one of three focus areas.
- Health for the Planet: Unsustainable methods of food production and consumption are putting humanity on the brink of exceeding what their planet can physically provide. Climate change is accelerating an already volatile situation; add to this a growing global population, and it is clear they need to rethink their current food systems to ensure healthy diets for all within planetary boundaries.
- Health for People: Mass industrialization of food has provided an abundance for many, but not for all. Meanwhile, poor food composition, accessibility to nutritious foods, and changing lifestyles are leading to undernutrition, hidden hunger, and diet-related illnesses such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease. These issues are further compounded by climate change, conflicts, and the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Healthy Livelihoods: ‘Healthy livelihoods’ in this context means the ability for farmers and other food workers to meet basic needs such as food, shelter and education for their families, with the support of steady, livable incomes.
This scholarship is intended for candidates who:
- Are aged 18 – 30.
- Reside in Africa, Asia-Pacific or Latin America.
- Have 3 – 5 years’ experience in an agri-food business, preferably running their food business.
- Are making a positive impact in one of the three scholarship focus areas.
For more information, visit https://www.oneyoungworld.com/scholarship/dsm/2022