The EUTOPIA-SIF programme is developed by the EUTOPIA European University, an ambitious Alliance of ten universities, aiming to promote a connected and inclusive academic community, addressing global and local challenges, advancing excellence, inclusion, impact and innovation.
The EUTOPIA-SIF program aims at enhancing the research potential and career perspective of outstanding young researchers from around the world. It will provide the opportunity for early career researchers to develop their independent research in the scope of an interdisciplinary scientific project, and undertake training. Fellows will be hosted by one of the partner universities of EUTOPIA and will be offered extensive mobility opportunities within EUTOPIA and beyond.
- Engage in multidisciplinary research projects to address key societal challenges identified in the Key Research Areas.
- Adopt an open perspective on their research project and career plan, to go beyond the boundaries of academic disciplines and engage in intersectoral (through regular contacts with non-academic partners, including secondment) and inter-disciplinary exchange and collaboration (by participatingin the joint scientific activities of a large multidisciplinary group of fellows)
- Increase their ability to impact the economic sector by developing an acute entrepreneurial and innovation awareness;
- Develop a versatile research profile, with valuable transversal skills and research management skills;
- Develop a strong network for future collaborations and integration in the international research community;
- Contributeto the international outreach of the EUTOPIA Alliance, through internal and external secondments, the participation to international symposiums and high-quality scientific publication;
- Participateincompetitive calls for proposals (includingHorizon Europeandnational funding agencies).
Applications are welcome in the following key research areas:
- Materials Engineering,
- Data & Intelligence,
- Welfare & Inclusion.
Fellows will be awarded a position for 24 months, starting in September 2023.
- The call is open to researchers of any nationality.
- In addition, the following criteria are essential in order to be consideredfor a fellowship award:
- Applicants should have a track record of producing research outputs such as peer-reviewed publications in which they have played a significant role, conference & research presentations and contributions to symposia and compiled volumes;
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to a research career and show how they will use the fellowshiptoadvance this aim.
- Diploma certificate in English (accompanied with a non-certified English translation if the initial document is not in English) OR a provisional PhD certificate —certificate on headed paper from their supervisor/academic institution confirming that all the requirements related to the PhD programme in the home institution are fulfilled at the date of the Call deadline, 15 December 2022.
- No seniority condition will be imposed in the programme, candidates must be recognized researchers. However, as the fellowshipis also atraining and development scheme, candidates must not have a permanent position at the start of the fellowship.They have to be able to work exclusively on the fellowship project with a full-time contract from one of the EUTOPIA-SIF university. Candidates may be employed when applying but should resign and take up a full-time contract when selected.
- Applicants are entirely free in the design of their research project. However, they must indicate one or more of the programme’s Key Research Areas to characterise their project.
For more information, visit https://eutopia.smapply.io/prog/eutopia_sif_-_science_and_innovation_fellowship_programme_-_call_3/