In partnership with Global Affairs Canada, CRDF Global invites compliance professionals from Latin America and the Caribbean to participate in a one-week fellowship program in Washington, D.C. from September 9-15, 2023, on sanctions risk management in the financial sector and cryptocurrency exchanges.
This is an opportunity to learn from and work with top sanctions compliance experts. This fellowship will focus on how to apply advanced sanctions knowledge to grantees’ home organizations and promote a strong culture of sanctions compliance.
Topics of the study tour may include, but is not limited to advanced open-source investigative techniques, due diligence best practices, Know-Your-Customer protocols, mitigating risks from cryptocurrency exploitation, and more.
The fellowship program will feature presentations and interactive exercises from international sanctions, legal, and cryptocurrency experts from five organizations that specialize in researching and tracking sanctions evasion efforts and how financial institutions can mitigate the impact of such efforts on their operations.
- Each fellow will receive a $2,000 grant for completion of a group project focused on sharing the lessons from the one-week study tour with compliance professionals in their home countries.
- CRDF Global is seeking applicants who are currently working in compliance roles at traditional financial institutions, as well as cryptocurrency exchanges.
- CRDF Global is also open to applicants who may be outside of this description but can show in their resume how this training is directly relevant to their current role, e.g. working in risk mitigation or as a risk consultant for financial institutions.
- Applicants must be nationals of one of the following countries: Panama, Colombia, Argentina, Perú, The Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Cayman Islands, México, Curaçao, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Lucia, Bermuda, or Antigua and Barbuda.
- A completed grant application form, which includes providing a resume and answering 3 short answer questions.
- Applicants must be willing to travel to Washington, D.C., USA for the tentative dates of September 9-15, 2023.
For more information, visit CRDF Global.