Are you a citizen of Georgia, aged between 18 to 28 and you have never participated in the Summer Work Travel Program before? If yes, then apply for the “Ambassadors Fund for Summer Work Travel (SWT) Scholarship” Program.
The Ambassadors Fund for Summer Work Travel (SWT) Scholarship is a highly competitive scholarship funded by the U.S. Department of State. The scholarship offers a unique opportunity to visit and spend up to four months in the United States on the BridgeUSA Summer Work Travel Program, and to attend a 3-day arrival seminar in New York City with scholarship recipients from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria and Georgia.
Scholarship recipients demonstrate a willingness and interest in developing skills related to community building, media literacy, storytelling and intercultural competencies, seek to gain professional experience in the United States, to improve their English language skills, and to share their own culture with Americans.
The Ambassadors Fund Scholarship is for individuals
- Who see themselves as young global leaders.
- Who have a global perspective and demonstrated willingness to engage with people from other cultures.
- Who are independent and mature.
- Who have interest in media and communications.
- Who commit to being a change-maker in their communities.
- Who are flexible and willing to work in a variety of job types and locations.
The Ambassadors Fund Scholarship Includes
- Program fees for the Summer Work Travel Program
- Round-trip economy airfare
- Pre-departure online orientation
- 3-day arrival seminar and workshops in New York City with scholarship recipients from Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bulgaria and Georgia
- 3 nights of NYC accommodations, meals, and activities
- A seasonal, entry-level job placement with a vetted U.S. host employer
- Transportation to and from a U.S. host employer
- Sickness and Accident Insurance in the United States
- Assistance with the Summer Work Travel J-1 Visa application
- 24-hour emergency assistance from staff with extensive international experience and language skills
- Program monitoring and evaluation
- Resources and guidance on how to engage in cultural learning and American daily life
- The $160 MRV fee for the J-1 Visa
The Ambassadors Fund Scholarship Does Not Include
- Housing and food while on the SWT Program
- Spending money while on the SWT Program
- Travel and sightseeing while on the SWT program, or during the 30-day travel period
- You are a citizen of Georgia.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 28.
- You have never participated in the Summer Work Travel Program (other U.S. Department of State exchange programs are okay).
- You are enrolled full-time and are pursuing studies at an accredited post-secondary, classroom-based, academic institution physically located outside of the United States and have successfully completed at least one semester, or equivalent, of post-secondary academic study.
- You are sufficiently proficient in English to successfully interact in an English-speaking environment verified by a mandatory and documented video conference interview.
- You have the intention to participate in the cultural aspects of the Summer Work Travel Program and are enthusiastic, motivated, and mature.
- You are flexible and willing to go to any job type or location in the United States as assigned by the Ambassadors Fund for SWT Scholarship.
For more information, visit https://www.swtscholarships.org/georgia