Deadline: 10 November 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2nd Cohort of the Goonj Fellowship – Grassroots, which is an immersive one year exposure for youth from the villages of India who are ready to act on hardcore rural challenges.
The one year time frame of the fellowship is about engaging the youth in a deeper way with some real life challenges, tasks and timelines. The Focus is on giving hands on experience and immersion into urban and rural India’s realities.
One year of Fellowship
- Learning in-depth about rural issues like infrastructural development, menstrual health, education, livelihood and disaster relief-rehabilitation etc.
- Working on ground with Goonj field teams in Assam, Bundelkhand, Chattisgarh, Odisha, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Bihar, Maharashtra etc.
- Capacity building workshops, shadowing experience with sector specialists apart from hands on training about key skills like communication, financial planning, monitoring and evaluation etc.
Stipend of Rs.10000/- per month will be given.
Goonj is looking for people who will commit to spend a year with them in different rural areas by working on issues that affect the last person.
- Minimum qualification is Matriculation.
- Age between 21 to 35 year old.
- Open to Indian citizens only.
- Applications can be filled through hard copies or soft copies. The soft copies can be sent via email and hard copies can be couriered at the address given on the website.
- Selected candidates will further be called for an interview process. (Locations will be communicated later). All logistical expenses will be reimbursed by Goonj.
For more information, please visit https://goonj.org/rural-fellowship/