The Embassy of the United States of America in Armenia is pleased to announce the Hubert Humphrey Program 2023 competition, for mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and substantive professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts during the 2023-2024 academic year.
Humphrey Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or private sector. The Program awards a certificate from the U.S. Government but it is not designed to deliver an advanced degree. As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. The program will be funded for one academic year, pending: a successful application for a J-1 visa; receipt of medical clearance; and availability of funds.
The Humphrey Fellowship provides international travel, tuition and university fees, accident/sickness insurance, monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities. The Humphrey Program does not provide financial support for accompanying dependents.
- Agricultural & Rural Development
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources/Environmental Policy/Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons, Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Human Resources Management
- Armenian citizenship and residency
- Completed your BA studies by the start of the grant
- Five years of substantial professional experience (prior to August 2022)
- Interest in the policy aspects of your respective field of specialization
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
- Completed your online application, including two reference letters
- Are proficient in English/successful TOEFL exam – include your most recent TOEFL score, if you have it. If you don’t have it, you can still apply—the Embassy will arrange testing for you if you are selected as one of the final candidates.
For more information, visit Embassy of the United States of America in Armenia.
For more information, visit https://www.usa.am/announce/humphrey.pdf