Deadline: 30 April 2019
Hutzpa Center for Innovation and Development is currently inviting applicants for its Young Innovation Leaders (YIL) Fellowship, a four-month scholarship training programme in Innovation Leadership. It is a platform that empowers young professionals in Africa to emerge as influencers and inspirers of innovation in their spheres.
Participants are trained by global experts to identify opportunities, proffer solutions, improve systems, and scale up excellence using innovation concepts and methods.
The theme of the Y.I.L Fellowship is “scaling up excellence”. The fellowship programme includes: lectures, plenary sessions, workshops, and demonstrations. Important aspects of the training are: the challenge phase, the accelerator, the internship, and the mentorship.
Insightful subthemes that will be covered in the lectures include:
- Leadership in Innovation and Innovation in Leadership: In this subject, profound insights will be drawn on how individual leaders can inspire and influence others for optimum performance, and how innovation in leadership will become a key differentiator between organizations that thrive and those that do not.
- Innovation Trends: Innovation trends across industries is a non-exhaustive subject. Here, experts will lead participants in a dive into the technological waves, advances, opportunities and threats industries are facing today.
- Innovation Management: Innovation is data-driven and iterative. Here, experts will expose participants to innovation management subjects such as innovation strategy, adoption, execution, measurement, and idea management.
- Other aspects of the curriculum will include: plenary sessions with industry captains, workshops with experts, and demonstration of skills and gamification in leadership with expert facilitators.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Participants become YIL Fellows and receive privileged access to mentorship and resources for career growth
- Annual in-person gathering of industry champions to exchange ideas and discuss value creation
- Membership to the fastest growing network of excellent leaders
- Access to mentors from a pool of global industry experts
- Opportunity to mentor young excellent minds
- Participate in job fairs of leading global companies in Rwanda
- Acquire skills to be an innovation leader through continuing professional education
- Career counseling from global career experts
- Full scholarship plus monthly stipends during the duration of the programme
- Opportunity to works in teams to develop a novel technology while working on capstone projects
It is phased into three parts:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The Pre-Challenge Training: Participants receive intensive training from global experts on innovation management and leadership in Kigali, Rwanda. (26th June – 29th June, 2019)
- The Challenge phase: Participants are involved in capstone projects for four months. (1st July – 30th October, 2019)
- The Post-Challenge Training: Participants undergo another week of intensive training, which will include evaluation of capstone projects in Lagos, Nigeria. (16th October – 19th October, 2019)
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Eligible Country: Rwanda
For more information, please visit https://www.younginnovationleaders.org/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.