IKEA Social Entrepreneurship are excited to be collaborating with One Young World to offer scholarships to inspiring young social entrepreneurs to attend this year’s One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK.
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. They go further, and have a common strategic direction for the full IKEA ecosystem to be affordable, sustainable and accessible. It’s a vision and strategy that they try to live up to in many ways, one of them by using the experience to create long-lasting, positive change for those who need it most.
IKEA Social Entrepreneurship looks to create greater opportunities for people who are vulnerable and marginalised, working with and supporting over 160 social entrepreneurs who are creating a more equal, sustainable and inclusive society.
What will you receive?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast between 2 – 5 (inclusive) October 2023.
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast (flights in economy).
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- You’ll join IKEA’s global delegation taking part in the One Young World Summit 2023, where you’ll have the opportunity to hear and be heard by sustainability leaders, and build useful connections for your projects and your work with a global audience.
- You’ll also get permanent membership of the One Young World Ambassador community — a global community of 15,000+ activists, humanitarians, world-leaders, business-leaders, thought-leaders, entrepreneurs, politicians and innovators.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be aged between 18 – 30.
- Be the founder or co-founder of a social business/enterprise.
- Operate in Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, Poland or Romania.
- Be able to communicate and engage in English.
- Be actively engaged in the fields of circularity, job inclusion and renewable materials, as an entrepreneur or in a similar role.
- Demonstrate commitment to creating a positive impact through (social) entrepreneurship in their communities.
- Demonstrate proven leadership ability (role models) in their communities.
- Demonstrate a concern for local and/or global issues.
- Nationals of all countries can apply for this scholarship.
For more information, visit One Young World.