Applications are now open for the Artist Fellowship Program to provide support to artists, filmmakers, musicians, and creative writers who demonstrate exceptional creativity and the capacity to contribute to the innovation and elevation of the arts in Iowa.
The Artist Fellowship Program provides support to individuals who demonstrate exceptional creativity in the arts and the capacity for continued contributions to the excellence and innovation of the arts in the state. The Artist Fellowship Program seeks to elevate the arts in Iowa by advancing the artistic careers of Iowa artists, filmmakers, musicians, and creative writers through funding and professional development.
Fellowship recipients exemplify the following program priorities:
- Excellence & Innovation – Applicant capitalizes on new, emerging methods or trends in their field, achieving artistic vision through unique and highly creative means in concept and form.
- Career Readiness – The applicant is at a pivotal stage in artistic career and is committed to advancing to the next level.
- Public Value – Applicant contributes to the vitality of arts in Iowa by actively creating and presenting new work that is accessible to Iowans.
- Fellows are awarded a $10,000 grant for the fellowship award period.
- The Artist Fellowship Program is a partnership between the Iowa Arts Council and selected fellows. Fellows are expected to fully engage in the professional development and networking opportunities provided, as well as to utilize the integrated funding and promotional resources offered over the course of the fellowship period.
- The Artist Fellowship Program seeks to support professional, active Iowa artists, filmmakers, musicians, and creative writers at a pivotal stage who are committed to advancing their artistic careers. Applicants are expected to demonstrate why now the appropriate time is in their artistic career for the one-time award.
- The Artist Fellowship Program is not an award to support a specific art project, an award of recognition for lifetime achievements nor is it an award for artists just beginning their careers.
Eligible applicants must meet all of the following requirements. Individuals who do not meet these requirements are not eligible to apply.
- Individual artist, filmmaker, musician, or creative writer.
- Legal Iowa resident.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Full-time Iowa resident physically located in Iowa since March 15, 2018.
- Full-time Iowa resident physically located in Iowa for the duration of the funding period.
For more information, visit https://iowaculture.gov/about-us/about/grants/iowa-artist-fellowship-program