Deadline: 17 January 2017
The trip will be base in Quibdó, Department of Chocó. Concurrently, another group of six journalists will cover Rural Development and Security from San Salvador, El Salvador.
- Both trips will take place March 26 – April 8, 2017, which includes travel dates.
- All Fellows will begin their trip in Mexico City, Mexico, where they will complete comprehensive security training and an orientation about Latin America and Adelante focus countries from March 27-29.
- Fellows then depart for a eight-day in-country independent reporting from Quibdó, Colombia or San Salvador, El Salvador, where they will have the opportunity to network with in-country journalists, collaborate with international peers, and access a wide range of sources and sites relevant to their reporting.
- The IWMF reserves the right to change reporting locations based on the real-time security situation in both locations.
- The IWMF arranges travel and in-country logistics for all Fellows within the scope of the Fellowship base location and trip dates.
- The IWMF also covers Fellowship-related costs within the framework of the reporting trip including travel, lodging, meals, and fixers/interpreters, unless a selected journalist’s news organization wishes to assume these costs.
- Visa costs will also be covered.
- Fellows living outside the U.S. are responsible for procuring all necessary visas, for which they will be reimbursed at the conclusion of the Fellowship.
- Affiliated or freelance women journalists with three (3) or more years of professional experience working in news media. Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Women journalists of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
- Non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
- Applicant must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit IWMF Call for Applications.