Deadline: 17 January 2017
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) has announced reporting trips to El Salvador and Colombia. A group of six journalists will report on Women, Peace, and Security in Colombia.
The trip will be base in Quibdó, Department of Chocó. Concurrently, another group of six journalists will cover Rural Development and Security from San Salvador, El Salvador.
- Both trips will take place March 26 – April 8, 2017, which includes travel dates.
- All Fellows will begin their trip in Mexico City, Mexico, where they will complete comprehensive security training and an orientation about Latin America and Adelante focus countries from March 27-29.
- Fellows then depart for a eight-day in-country independent reporting from Quibdó, Colombia or San Salvador, El Salvador, where they will have the opportunity to network with in-country journalists, collaborate with international peers, and access a wide range of sources and sites relevant to their reporting.
- The IWMF reserves the right to change reporting locations based on the real-time security situation in both locations.
- The IWMF arranges travel and in-country logistics for all Fellows within the scope of the Fellowship base location and trip dates.
- The IWMF also covers Fellowship-related costs within the framework of the reporting trip including travel, lodging, meals, and fixers/interpreters, unless a selected journalist’s news organization wishes to assume these costs.
- Visa costs will also be covered.
- Fellows living outside the U.S. are responsible for procuring all necessary visas, for which they will be reimbursed at the conclusion of the Fellowship.
- Affiliated or freelance women journalists with three (3) or more years of professional experience working in news media. Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Women journalists of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
- Non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
- Applicant must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit IWMF Call for Applications.