Are you a young leader from The Americas? You could attend the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast from 2 – 5 October via the flagship Scholarship.
The Leading the Americas Scholarships is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from The Americas are represented at the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast.
The Americas are collectively going through major leadership transitions, with many of those changes in governance creating ripples of instability across the region. Months long protests erupted in Chile and the humanitarian crisis engulfing Venezuela, both causing instability. Argentina’s debt crisis is still looming and misinformation is still the rise throughout the region. Yet in the midst of all the uncertainty, young leaders are emerging to set their countries back on course. The clean energy movement is taking heed and advancements in tech are looking to make societies more equitable.
If you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2023, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The visa costs 100 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
What does the Leading The Americas Scholarship sponsorship pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK.
- Hotel accommodation between 1 and 5 October 2023.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast. Your flight to and from Belfast must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30.
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United States
- One Young World cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that One Young World will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications One Young World receives, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading The Americas selection process.
- One Young World does not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
For more information, visit One Young World.