Deadline: 16 May 2016
The Mastercard Foundation and Institute of Development Studies are currently inviting applicants from young African researchers for its Matasa Fellowship 2016, with an aim to contribute towards development of outstanding young researchers who will ultimately become leaders in their chosen fields.
The broad theme of Fellowship is “youth employment and entrepreneurship in Africa”.
- Financial inclusion
- Migration and/or stretched livelihoods
- Education and training
- Imagined futures
- Family and gender relations
- Young people as citizens and/or young people in policy processes
- Policy dynamics
- Rural and urban futures
- A bursary of £3,000 will be provided to each selected fellow, and all costs to participate in two workshops will be covered.
- The Matasa Fellows Network will award ten fellowships in 2016.
- Fellows must complete their synthesis papers by December 2016.
The Matasa Fellows Network is open to African nationals who:
- Are 40 years old or younger at the time of application.
- Have completed a PhD within last two years or are in the final stages of completing a PhD.
- Have a background in social science, economics, agricultural economics, policy studies, development studies, agricultural or environmental sciences.
- Are fluent in English.
- Are able to travel to the UK in September 2016 for a one-week workshop.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the online application form via given website.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Fellowship Program.