Pact is launching the Mekong Connections: Supporting Governance, Transparency and Local Voices – Health Security Fellowship. It is a three-year program that seeks to strengthen civil society’s role in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Viet Nam.
- Water and water-related ecosystems of Mekong, Ayeyarwady, and other rivers;
- Combating conservation crimes, including wildlife and timber trafficking, illegal mining, and illegal fishing; and,
- Improving health security: increasing the region’s ability to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease threats, especially using the ‘One Health’ approach that recognizes the interdependence of human, animal, plant, and ecosystem health.
- enhance and develop regional networks to connect community perspectives and recommendations to central policy debates in the Mekong region and further support civic and policy leaders; and
- share lessons learned and best practices on transboundary challenges in the Mekong.
- Experience with research on policy on the topics
- Early- and mid-career professionals, at least 5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 3 years with a Master’s degree
- Able to complete their proposed research within 9 months
- Be citizen of one of the 5 Mekong countries
- Applicants shall currently be from non-profit, civil society organizations, or other nongovernment organizations or capacities
For more information, visit https://www.pactworld.org/country/thailand/procurement