Are you using futures and foresight methods to make the world a better place? Do you want to be part of a global network of young foresight practitioners with a shared purpose? Do you need support to amplify your positive impact in the world? If yes, come join a young cohort of changemakers from around the world in re-imagining and co-creating equitable and inclusive futures. Applications are now open for the NGFP Fellowship Program.
NGFP Fellowship journey is designed to help change the status quo and democratise the futures and foresight field with diverse perspectives from younger generations living in under-represented geographies and communities. They want to support them to access all the resources they need to participate meaningfully in re-imagining and shaping better, fairer, and more equitable futures for their communities and the world.
What is the fellowship about?
- The fellowship is an opportunity for young professionals to have more support as they begin to explore the futures and foresight field. They know that being a futurist can be a lonely place, and a sort of practice that particularly young people do on the side of their daily jobs, and usually for free.
- The fellowship is a way to provide the next generation of future and foresight enthusiasts with a platform to connect with like-minded people from around the world, receive mentorship and foresight capability building, participate in regional and sector-specific hubs, and access funding to develop their foresight projects.
- Fellows also have the opportunity to participate in highly relevant events in the futures and foresight field, and to be connected with today’s decision-makers at the highest levels.
Areas and Sectors
- Climate & Just Transitions
- Nuclear Security
- FMAW – Futures Methods from Around the World & Indigenous Futures
- Intergenerational Fairness
- Democracy & Governance
- Emerging Technologies
- At the beginning of the journey, each fellow receives a USD 1,000 prize to develop and accelerate their project. If a fellow’s application is considered outstanding by the judges (identifiable by the badge “judges choice”), the grant is doubled.
- By the end of their one-year journey, all fellows have the chance to run for the Fellowship Main Prize, which consists of a more substantial grant (at least USD 10,000) and acknowledges those who made the most of their journey.
- Anyone between 18 and 35 years old, as well as those who are older, but have less than 5 years of experience using foresight.
- They are particularly enthusiastic about applications from those living in the Global South, and those working on the world’s most complex issues, or Global Challenges, as they like to call them.
- Every year, they make sure they have at least two fellows under 25 years old. In 2023, they will reserve one spot within the cohort to a fellow from the Balkans.
For more information, visit Next Generation Foresight Practitioners.