Deadline: 14 July 2016
Nominations are open for the Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) annual award 2016 for graduates and scientists of a Swiss institution who work in agricultural research for development. The award aims to support relevant agricultural research for development (ARD) and to promote knowledge on and visibility of Swiss ARD.
The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) is an informal multi-stakeholder group of Swiss institutions and private individuals interested in agricultural research for development (ARD). Members come from research institutions, NGOs, the private sector, farmers’ organisations and public agencies, as well as individuals.
- Sharing information between ARD stakeholders in Switzerland
- Promoting the visibility of Swiss ARD
- Playing an advocacy role at policy level
- Serving as a national partner in international initiatives
- Promoting collaboration between actors in Swiss ARD
The Award may help winners enter into development work, or receive project funding
- One prize (CHF 5’000) for the best PhD or Post Doc project
- One prize (CHF 1’000) for the best Master thesis
Eligible for the SFIAR Award is research that
- has been carried out at or in close collaboration with a Swiss institution involved in ARD
- has appropriate linkages in developing countries
- has been completed preferably no longer than three years ago (for Master Thesis Award: thesis not older than 18 months).
- The SFIAR intends to award new, innovative and result oriented research. Recent achievements or milestones can be awarded, however no future plans or project proposals.
- Applicants have to fill in the attached application form in English, French or German
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Switzerland
For more information, please visit SFIAR Award 2016.