Journalismfund.eu is seeking proposals for Professional Development Grants from organizations & legal entities for collective development and support services for environmental investigative journalism.
This grant facility supports enabling activities and supporting services for environmental investigative journalism as a whole. It seeks to promote collective development and support services for environmental investigative journalism, by providing funding to project ideas from organisations and institutions for training and professional development programmes, i.e. skills-focused professional training or fellowship programmes targeted at enabling investigative journalists to upskill with regards to reporting on environment related issues.
Funding & Duration Information
The total available amount per call to be distributed among all supported projects will be around €85.000.
- This grant programme is open to incorporated legal entities (organisations, companies, …) with demonstrable expertise in investigative journalism, environmental issues, and/or the development of supporting services.
- Eligible proposals entail enabling activities and supporting services for environmental investigative journalism in Europe. These can be training and professional development programmes, or other activities, services or tools that enable investigative journalists to upskill with regards to reporting on environmental issues.
- The project should be clearly defined and limited in time. The grant cannot be used for core funding or for financing permanent operations of an organisation.
- Individuals (natural persons) cannot apply for this grant.
- If the project is a collaboration between several organisations, one organisation should apply for the Journalismfund.eu grant.
- Every grantee signs an Agreement with Journalismfund.eu that states the mutual arrangements and conditions.
- The grantees have to endorse the principles of the Global Charter of Ethics for Journalists as well as the national codes of ethics that are in force.
- Grants are paid in two instalments: the first (2/3) upon signature of the Agreement, the second (1/3) after completion of the project and submission and approval of the financial report and supporting documents.
- Grants are paid in euro. They are only paid out on the bank account of the granted legal entity. Any bank charges for international payments are carried by Journalismfund.eu, except for exchange rates.
For more information, visit https://www.journalismfund.eu/earth-services