The theme, Shaping change by collaborating for a healthier and safer world of work, reflects the necessity to hear and learn from voices from all corners of the globe.
Applying to be a fellow is your chance to contribute to a global conversation, have your voice heard, and share in the global exchange of work health and safety knowledge and experiences.
- Provide opportunities to attend the Congress to people from low and lower-middle income economies to ensure global collaboration for a healthier and safer world of work
- Develop the professional network
- Promote safety and health preventative culture at the global level
- Strengthen the capacity of fellows to improve safety and health at work in their communities
- Provide the fellows with opportunities to exchange knowledge and ideas they can use in their own work
- Bring diverse perspectives to the Congress through Fellows sharing their experiences
- Implement measures to ensure balance in gender, developed and developing and region
- Be from a low or lower-middle income economy as defined by the World Bank
- Commit to travel to Sydney, Australia to attend the World Congress in person
- Have experience in work health and safety (personal or professional)
- Meet incoming and outgoing Australian visa eligibility requirements
- Commit to attending the conference and sharing your experiences and perspectives
- Answer an evaluation form following the conference
- The Fellowship is non-transferable. Successful in-person fellows will receive:
- Return economy airfares direct to Sydney from your nearest international airport
- Transport costs for travel in your home country to the nearest international airport
- Visa costs
- A maximum of 5 nights’ accommodation in Sydney from 26 November – 30 November 2023
- A daily monetary allowance from 26 November – 30 November 2023 inclusive Return airport transfers (Sydney airport – accommodation – Sydney airport)
- A ticket to the conference which includes all in-person conference entitlements and experiences.
- Fellowships do not cover travel insurance and associated liability. The organiser is not responsible for any mandatory quarantine fees. The organiser is not responsible for arranging visas. Successful Fellows must apply for visas themselves and adhere to all visa conditions while visiting Australia. Travel and border responsibility rests with the individual arriving into Sydney, New South Wales. Please visit the Australian Government Department of Health website for up-to-date information regarding international travel to Australia and COVID-19.
For more information, visit https://safety2023sydney.com/fellowship