The Public and Third Sector Academy for Sustainable Finance (“P3S Academy”), University of Oxford has launched a Scholarship on “Introduction to Sustainable Finance Course”.
The P3S Academy is a new global centre for learning and capacity building focused on how the public and third sectors, whether central or local government, regulators, supervisory authorities, central banks, multilateral institutions, campaigning NGOs, charities, and philanthropy, can grasp the opportunities associated with sustainable finance.
It will arm these groups with the knowledge, networks, and skills required to shift the direction of tens of trillions of dollars of capital away from unsustainable activities to those aligned with the Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The flagship course of the P3S Academy is an ‘Introduction to Sustainable Finance’. Held online over 10 weeks, with 20 hours of learning, the course provides participants with a foundational understanding of sustainable finance. Participants on the course will secure knowledge of key concepts, theories, and topics so they can successfully navigate developments across this emerging field, and identify and mobilise levers of change.
There are free and subsidised places available on each cohort, and the next iteration of the course will take place 7 February 2022 – 15 April 2022.
Only open to public servants and third sector representatives.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how sustainable finance has developed and understand essential concepts such as environmental, social, and governance factors, responsible investment, and stranded assets;
- Unpack the different motivations and mechanisms for sustainable finance across different asset classes, financial institutions, and geographies
- Identify the policy mechanisms available to successfully motivate greater investment in the infrastructure, technologies, and approaches needed to deliver sustainability
- Understand the role of different types of public and private financial institutions and their respective roles, as well as how public finance can help mobilise capital, especially in the post-Covid-19 recovery
- Examine the commercial opportunity associated with sustainable finance and future trends that will accelerate the adoption of sustainable finance
For more information, visit https://p3s.academy/