Deadline: 5 July 2017
Can Your Moonshot Idea Solve Our World’s Nuclear Threat?
Apply if you’re inspired by N Square’s vision, welcome collaboration, and can propose innovative, scalable solutions that leverage exponential technologies.
The Singularity University is currently seeking applications for its N Square Impact Scholars Program, a multimillion dollar initiative designed to stimulate innovation in the fields of nuclear disarmament, nonproliferation and safety and security. N Square is the brainchild of five of the largest peace and security funders in the United States: The Carnegie Corporation of New York, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the Ploughshares Fund, and the Skoll Global Threats Fund.
N Square is based on the idea that new forms of cross-sector collaboration—combined with the sheer ingenuity of an engaged public—will enable to innovate a way to a world free from the risks associated with nuclear weapons and the materials required to produce them. N Square is currently developing a network of innovators, influencers, and experts in technology and media.
Through this partnership, SU seeks to activate and unite a generation of leaders and innovators behind the vision of ending the weapons era by 2045, the 100th anniversary of their creation, and stimulate innovation to accelerate solutions that can help us reach an abundant future. If ever there was a moonshot worth supporting, this is it.
N Square Impact Scholars will have opportunities to learn more about the field and to collaborate with nuclear weapons experts in such settings as:
- The SU Global Summit, a 3-day event dedicated to uniting brilliant leaders from around the world, showing them the latest emerging technologies, and empowering them to go out and create positive impact on a global scale
- Novel Technologies, Techniques and Methods for Safeguards and Arms Control Verification, a workshop hosted by the Institute of Nuclear Materials Management at Sandia National Labs, New Mexico
- The Public Policy and Nuclear Threats Boot Camp at UC San Diego in La Jolla, California
- N Square-hosted, cross-sector workshops
Specifically, the ideal candidates for the N Square Impact Scholars Program are familiar with the context of nuclear weapons and/or are hungry to learn more, and also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Social impact rockstars in nonprofits, NGOs, or government agencies
- Champions for diversity, equity, and inclusion in technology, innovation, and business
- Citizens of communities around the world, especially those in developing or emerging markets
- Tech-domain experts and innovation leaders focused on social impact
- Academic leaders training the next generation in technology and entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurs and investors working on addressing humanity’s grand challenges with cutting-edge tech and innovation
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit N Square Impact Scholars Program.