The Young Water Solutions (YWS) is seeking proposals for the 2021 Young Water Fellowship Latinoamérica to incubation of 10 innovative social enterprises led by young entrepreneurs, which contribute to solving problems of water, sanitation, hygiene, water contamination and / or water scarcity in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Young Water Fellowship (YWF) is the flagship programme. It aims to empower early-stage young entrepreneurs from low and middle income countries to set up social businesses that tackle water, sanitation & hygiene, water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them a fully-funded intensive training in business & WASH, seed funding grants for their pilot projects, and mentorship support from senior level experts during one year.
The Young Water Fellowship program offers one year of support that includes:
- 2-week business training applied to water and sanitation companies in Lima (100% paid) in March 2021 (exact dates and modality to be confirmed, due to current travel restrictions);
- Bi-monthly coaching by the team, and assignment of mentors;
- Opportunity to receive seed capital (up to € 5000) for the pilot project.
The main requirements to apply include:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application
- Be a citizen and resident of a country in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Be the founder or co-founder of the business idea, and have time to develop it
- Present a business idea that solves a water, sanitation and / or hygiene problem and is in its infancy, ready to be tested
- Be able to understand and express oneself in Spanish
For more information, visit https://youngwatersolutions.org/latam/?lang=es