Deadline: 7 January 2020
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is seeking proposals for its Fellowship Programme with an aim to provide successful candidates with the opportunity to develop their career through experiencing first-hand, the diversity of activities carried out by a funding agency.
- To provide applicants interested in pursuing a career in research administration for example with an Irish or International funding agency, experience of the duties and activities involved in such organisations.
- To provide applicants interested in pursuing a career in academic research a holistic overview and understanding of a funding agency.
- To provide applicants with an interest in Communications and/or public engagement an opportunity to gain experience in either the Corporate Communications and/or Education & Public Engagement Divisions.
- To provide applicantsinterested in a careerin the private sector, experience and general training in administrative duties, strategic development, strategic implementation, public administration, national policy, presentation skills, project management, communication & Influencing, problem analysis and resolution and teamwork, and a broad introduction to Intellectual Property guidelines relevant to research funded from exchequer sources.
- To provide candidates currently based in Research and Finance Offices, experience that will support them in effectively assisting researchers in the preparation of competitive grant applications and inform their interactions with both funding agencies and the research community in their organisation.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
For successful applicants, a fellowship will be offered for a period of up to 36 months, including a probationary period of 11 months.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The applicant must
- The applicant must be in a position to take a period of 12 to 36 months (continuous and full-time) away from their current research activities or other position within the Research Body.
- The applicant must upon receipt of the fellowship be recognised as an employee of the Research Body for the duration of the fellowship grant. Some, but not all, fellowships require that candidates hold a PhD degree or equivalent a graduate degree will be a minimum requirement with relevant qualifications as appropriate.
- Host Research Bodies must be situated in the Republic of Ireland and be eligible for SFI funding.
For more information, visit https://www.sfi.ie/funding/funding-calls/sfi-fellowship-programme/index.xml
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.