Participate in the Teach for Italy fellowship program, and become part of the change necessary to combat inequalities. The fellowship program prepares you for teaching and accompanies you for two years in your experience as a teacher in disadvantaged schools, where through teaching and collaboration with our partners, you will have an impact on your students and you will get to know the Italian education system, its main challenges and the many opportunities for innovation and change.
You will learn to teach and manage a class; you will be able to grow and improve your future professional opportunities, gaining essential skills for the rest of your life. You will be part of an international network of professionals united by the same mission, and followed by a career coaching and professional mentoring path.
- A two-year commitment as a primary or secondary school teacher in Piedmont, in the Provinces of Turin and Cuneo;
- An intensive training course of 6 weeks before entering the classroom;
- A professional training course as a teacher through the coaching of a didactic tutor and training by specialized pedagogical mentors;
- A professional mentoring program aimed at directing you towards specific professional paths with a high impact on the Italian educational ecosystem (teaching, school management, social innovation, research and policy);
- The opportunity to participate in BCG’s The Future Makers program;
- The opportunity to collaborate on innovation and transformation projects in schools with the most important organizations that fight educational poverty in Italy;
- The inclusion in an international community of professionals passionate about education and social impact, coming from 59 countries.
The placement as a teacher can take place through the tools provided at national level, upon convocation by the schools, and will be regulated and remunerated according to the terms of a regular annual contract as a substitute teacher, stipulated with the school of reference (through Provincial Rankings for Alternates – GPS – or Availability contracts – MAD).
Who are they looking for?
- The best young Italian talents already in possession of a bachelor’s degree (Laurea Magistrale / Laurea Magistrale Single Cycle) or to be achieved by June 2021 (in particular in mathematical-scientific disciplines (STEM), primary education sciences and foreign languages);
- With good digital and IT skills , and the desire to learn and become the innovators of digital teaching;
- Willing to move for two years to another Italian region and / or province;
- Who want to get involved in the educational field, helping their students to bring out the best of themselves and develop their potential and believe in themselves;
- Resilient, open to feedback and with a great desire to learn;
- Who want to become agents of change and are ready to start a beautiful challenge with us .
- With a good knowledge of English (B2 / C1);
- Having already obtained the 24 credits for teaching will be considered an advantage. TFI will support those who don’t have them to get them.
For more information, visit https://www.insegnareperlitalia.org/il-nostro-programma