Fellows attend a teacher training institute, lead a classroom for two years with coaching and support from TFL staff, and develop the leadership and professional skills for the next steps in their careers in the classroom and beyond. As Alumni of the program, past fellows benefit from support ranging from opportunities to apply and secure funding for graduate school to placement in roles in the private and public sector.
- Intensive teacher training.
- Ongoing leadership development training.
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project with a grant of up to $5,000.00 USD.
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 53 countries.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be younger than 40.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree, or will graduate in 2021 with one, in any field of study.
- Have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Have a long-term commitment to working in Liberia.
- Have a strong academic track record.
Note: They welcome citizens of any nationality who are vision-driven, invested in Liberia, and committed to improving Liberia through education.
How to Apply
- You can apply online by visiting their website. Applications will run from February 1, 2021 to May 31, 2021.
- The first stage of the application process is for you to complete their online application form. If successful, you will be invited to an Assessment Center where they will further assess your motivations and suitability to Teach For Liberia through a test, a group task, and a one-on-one interview.
- If successful at the Assessment Center, you will be made an offer to the Teach For Libera Leadership Development Fellowship. This offer will be conditional on your performance in their Pre-Service Institute, university transcript, diploma and references.
For more information, visit https://teachforliberia.org/join-us/