Deadline: 30 June 2016
The Australian Government Department of Education and Training is currently inviting applicants for its Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships Program with an aim to build Australia’s reputation for excellence in the provision of education and research, support the internationalization of the Australian higher education and research sectors and offer high-achieving individuals from overseas and Australia opportunities to increase their productivity and expertise in their field.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships aim to:
- Develop ongoing educational, research and professional links between individuals, organizations and countries
- Increase the skills and global awareness of high achieving individuals from Australia and overseas
- Contribute to Australia’s reputation as a high quality provider of education and training and a leader in research and innovation
- Increase the productivity of Australians through international study, research or professional development experience.
- The programme typically offers three–quarters of the scholarships and fellowships funded each year to overseas citizens, with support ranging from short-term fellowships or research placements to full postgraduate degrees.
- Australians receive support to undertake targeted research and professional development overseas.
All recipients will receive:
- Travel allowance: $3,000 (provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- Establishment allowance: $2,000 (fellowships) or $4,000 (scholarships)
- Monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis)
- Health insurance for the full category duration (OSHC for international recipients)
- Travel insurance (excluding during programme for international recipients)
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme
- be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar, Cambodia, China (People’s Republic), Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (Republic of Korea – South), Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (including Reunion), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland).
Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated states), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand* (including Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
For more information, please visit Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships Program.