Deadline: 3 December 2018
The Japan Foundation Asia Center is accepting applications for the first round of its Asia Center Fellowship Program which is designed to encourage joint or cooperative projects that cross national cultural borders among individuals.
Fellowships are offered to successful applicants who plan to pursue their research and activities outside their home country (or countries), and who seek to further develop their field(s) of expertise and form networks between individual and institutional counterparts in ASEAN and/or Japan in a wide range of fields.
- Duration Categories
- [Short term] 21 days to 59 days
- [Long term] 60 days to 6 months
- Grant Coverage
- Round-trip International Airfare (discount economy class)
Projects that commence between June 1, 2019 and November 30, 2019.
- Residents of Japan or one of the ten ASEAN countries, and who holds a nationality, citizenship, or permanent residency of Japan or one of the ten ASEAN countries.
- Joint or cooperative research that are toward forming networks/platforms in the arts and culture, sports, and intellectual exchange.
- The ten ASEAN countries or in Japan.
- Can be conducted in two or more countries.
- ASEAN applicants must include Japan as one of their project sites.
- Applications that propose research in the applicant’s country of residence are not eligible.
- To ensure the collaborative nature of the program, applicants are required to have acceptance of the Host Institution or Individual.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application from via given website.
For more information, please visit Asia Center Fellowship Program.