The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Conakry is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. The Humphrey Fellowship is a Fulbright program that brings accomplished mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and substantive professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts.
Applicants can submit applications in two categories: The Regular Humphrey program or the Long -Term English (LTE) required program. LTE required candidates shall meet all requirements set by the program but are allowed to have a lower English language test score. LTE grantees are required to attend an academic English language training prior to the start of the academic program in the United States.
To qualify applicants must:
- Be a Guinean citizen, currently living in Guinea.
- Hold a university degree (at least a 4-year Bachelor’s degree).
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience (prior to August 2022) in the relevant field, after completing a university degree.
- Demonstrate a commitment to public service and the potential for professional advancement.
- Be interested in the policy aspects of their field of specialization.
- Have both the need to participate in the program and the potential to benefit from it.
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English, and have a valid English language test score of a minimum of TOEFL IBT 71, TOEFL ITP/PBT 525, or comparable IELTS score.
Note: The Humphrey Program offers a Long-Term English (LTE) language training opportunity to facilitate the participation of candidates from non-elite populations, rural areas, minority groups, and others who may be excellent candidates but have low English language test score (a minimum of TOEFL ITP/PBT 440, TOEFL IBT 42, or comparable IELTS score). LTE participants take a 16-week intensive English language pre-academic program prior to their Humphrey program.
For more information, visit https://gn.usembassy.gov/education-culture/educational-exchange/humphrey-fellowship/