(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This distinguished program brings accomplished mid-level professionals to the United States for a year of combined academic (but non-degree) and professional work. Fellows are selected based on potential for leadership and commitment to public service.
Fellowships are granted competitively to both public and private sector candidates with strong leadership potential and a commitment to public service.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
General Fellowship Requirements
- Candidates must hold at least a first-level university degree (equivalent to a B.A. or B.Sc.)
- Humphrey Fellows are expected to be resourceful and display initiative. The individual’s application should indicate how s/he and his/her organization, and the country could benefit from experiences to be acquired under the program
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
(Note carefully that applicants should be no older than 50 years old at the start of the program on August 1 of the following year)
- Show leadership ability and commitment to public service
- A minimum of five years of substantial full-time professional experience and must be policy rather than research or technically oriented.
- Candidates should be proficient in both written and spoken English and must sit the TOEFL exam
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Recent graduates (even if they have significant positions)
- University teachers or researchers with no management or policy responsibilities (except in the fields of drug abuse prevention)
- Individuals with less than five years of full-time professional work experience and with recent academic or professional U.S. experience (more than 6 months within the last 5 years prior to the date of application)
- Individuals who have attended a graduate school in the U.S. for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to the start of the of the program on August 1 of the following year.
- Individuals with dual Jamaican and U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status
- Applicants with distinguished records but who do not have a compelling need for the Humphrey experience
For more information, visit https://jm.usembassy.gov/education-culture/hubert-h-humphrey-program/