The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has announced the Developing Digital and Tech Solutions Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Programme to provide outstanding Nigerians with practical ‘on-the-job’ skills and leadership competencies through a twelve-month fully paid placement opportunity.
Through this programme, highly qualified recent graduates will be provided with a unique work opportunity within Private Sector institutions, Government, UN Agencies, and Development Organizations with the intention of enhancing their professional and leadership capacities to meaningfully participate in the social and economic development prospects of their country. In addition, opportunities will be provided to horn business development and entrepreneurial competencies.
It is expected that this programme will also contribute towards improving the employability of the Fellows; help to kick start their careers in the international development and public sectors, while also transferring requisite skills and competencies for those seeking to venture into entrepreneurial activities in the private sector. In so doing, the Fellowship will also assist in reversing the brain-drain problem and tackle irregular emigration by making young professionals especially new graduates more competitive on the domestic labour market.
The first cohort of 20,000 fellows will be inducted into the programme in June 2020 with the objective of growing the enrolment incrementally in subsequent years.
- Proposals amounts should not exceed $50,000.
- Project duration will be for an initial period of 2 months.
The firm, organisations or institution submitting applications will need to demonstrate the following key qualities:
- Minimum of 10 years of organisational experience and expertise in the field of information technology, digital tools;
- Demonstratable experience in providing technology and digital solutions for youth engagement and participation in Nigeria and Africa;
- Experience in designing and implementing technology-based programmes, training and skills transfer;
- Demonstrated experience in designing technology-based fellowship enrolment processes; membership/alumni databases, communication and public outreach systems;
- Strong experience in partnerships building in the digital and technology field;
- Excellent coordination, organization and planning skills, with the ability to work under pressure;
- A core team with expertise, necessary experience, and qualifications to deliver.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=75272