Deadline: 23 June 2016
The Feed the Future Livestock Systems Innovation Lab (LSIL) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from eligible organizations for its reach grants with an aim to increase the incomes, livelihoods, nutrition, and health of households, especially those of vulnerable women and children.
- Support the development of innovations and the adaptation of existing strategies and technologies, as well as the associated human and institutional capacity, to enhance the productivity and profitability of the ASF value chain, and the preservation, consumption and safety of ASF.
- Promote an enabling and inclusive environment and the associated human and institutional capacity that ensures the ASF value chain is positioned to meet the increasing demand for nutritious and safe ASF and increase the incomes of the vulnerable, especially women and children.
Reach Grants: These are longer-term, large grants with a project period of up to four years starting in October 2016 and a budget of up to $1,000,000.
- Role of Gender in Livestock Systems
- Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD)
- Human Health and Nutrition
- This competition is open to any qualified research, educational, governmental, private sector or non-profit institution globally that either has or that collaborates with an organization that has a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) and is registered in the System for Award Management.
- Proposals must identify at least one host-country research institution or university in one or more of the three focal countries for this RFA as a collaborating partner.
- There is no limit for the number of applications from an institution.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their Concept Notes and Full Proposals via the Piestar Proposals system through the given website.
For more information, please visit LSIL Programme.