VOCES Scholarship for Inclusion is now open for applications, a project that seeks to bring together and recognize initiatives that, through digitization, promote greater opportunities for quality employment, education and financial inclusion for more men and women in Latin America.
This first edition seeks to address the challenge of inclusion in Latin America. Ensuring a decent present and future for all implies addressing the need for equitable access to development opportunities for the greatest number of people through digitization. Based on this premise, it is intended to seek ideas that deal with problems that arise in areas such as employment, education and financial inclusion.
What should be taken into account to present an idea?
- It is important that those who apply their idea take into account the following basic aspects:
- Impact: The idea must have a positive impact on a community, regardless of its origin, age or condition.
- Feasibility: They want the winning ideas to be innovative and creative, but also doable. For this reason, the presentation of the proposals must include all the necessary information that allows the juries and experts to determine the viability of an idea. Due to this, it is suggested to include implementation times, specific results to be obtained, actors required for its execution, estimated costs and any other element that is considered necessary for the presentation of a proposal.
- Creativity: They seek highly creative ideas that disrupt more traditional models and become benchmarks for the development of great solutions and the generation of greater opportunities for the citizens of their region.
- Winners of Voices for Inclusion will be able to:
- Meet with the representatives of the ten (10) most innovative and revolutionary ideas presented in VOCES for Inclusion , in a unique and inspiring meeting of two (2) days, designed to hear the young voices of Latin America.
- Have the accompaniment of Credicorp’s expert team.
- Raise the exposure of your initiatives both at the level of public opinion and in front of key actors and/or decision makers relevant to your projects.
- Attend the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast -through a representative-, to live the unique experience of sharing with great young minds from more than 190 countries and be part of the largest network that works for social changes in the world. Credicorp will bear the cost of the round trip airfare, from the country of origin (Peru, Colombia, Chile, Bolivia and Panama) to Belfast, as well as access to the event, lodging and food during the days of the meeting.
- Receive US$15,000 per winning idea, to promote the development of the initiatives, once the support and mentoring process is completed.
- This year’s edition will take place in four stages:
- Stage 1: Reception of ideas, which will take place between August 17 and October 19. These will be applied through the web page vozcredicorp.com .
- Stage 2: Review of compliance with the requirements of the ideas received, according to the terms and conditions. It will go from October 19 to November 2.
- Stage 3: Jury and public voting. The Evaluation Committee will rate the finalist initiatives, with 60% of weight on the final rating of the contest, while the other 40% of the final rating will come from the public vote. These results will be weighted to obtain the three winning projects of VOCES for Inclusion. It will go from November 2 to November 20.
- Stage 4: Announcement of winning ideas. It will be in December 2022. The award ceremony, whose date is yet to be defined, will be in Lima, Peru.
- Be between 18 and 32 years old
- Be a resident in Peru, Colombia, Chile, Bolivia and Panama
- Have an idea, individual or group, that promotes inclusion through digitization
For more information, visit https://www.oneyoungworld.com/voces-por-la-inclusion-2022