Deadline: 30 September 2019
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), the Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska (DWFI) and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are seeking applications for its Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship Program to nurture cooperation between students and scientists from both countries.
The Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship Program – a dynamic and transformative program has thus been developed to foster long term Indo-American science and technology partnerships.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln; Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute, Purdue University, Texas Tech University and the University of Idaho ;
- Promote research and capacity building in the area of water;
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path; and
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and upto 6 months
- Fellowship: Minimum 3 months and upto 12 months
- For Student Internships
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Water Science and Engineering at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India;
- Age: Upto 32 years as on 31 December 2019
- For Fellowships
- Indian citizens having Ph.D. in Water Science and Engineering.
- Applicants must be able of doing independent research work and have published in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open to applicants working in the fields of Water resources, water chemistry and environmental engineering.
- Employment: The applicant should be holding a regular position at any public funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution / recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
- Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2019.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://iusstf.org/program/water-advanced-research–innovation-fellowship