Deadline: 30 August 2016
Wellcome Trust is currently accepting applications for its Master’s Fellowships in Public Health & Tropical Medicine Program, with an aim to build sustainable capacity in areas of research that have the potential for increasing health benefits for people and their livestock in low- and middle-income countries.
- Demographic, social science and health economic studies
- Epidemiological, field and community-based studies
- Healthcare systems and policy research
- Measurement of infectious and chronic disease burden
- Population studies
- Clinical trials and case-control studies
- Studies of disease mechanisms in the natural host
- Determinants of disease susceptibility and resistance
- Immunity or resistance in natural hosts or vectors.
- While undertaking a Master’s course, Fellows will receive stipends that are costed based on the Trust’s Masters students scales, determined by the location of the course (Inside London – £17 000 per year;
- UK Outside London – £15 000 per year;
Applicants should be:
- A national of a low- and middle-income country, and hold a first degree in subject relevant to tropical medicine or public health (clinical or non-clinical).
- At an early stage in their career, with limited research experience, but have a demonstrated interest in or aptitude for research.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply through online process via given website.
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.