Deadline: 18 August 2019
Applications are open for the Young Water Fellowship Program (YWF) to empower young entrepreneurs to lead the solutions to water issues in their communities, by offering them a year of support consisting of training, mentorship and seed-funding for their initiatives.
Selected Young Water Fellows will be invited to participate in a 10-days start-up training in Uganda, receive coaching, mentorship and seed funding opportunities.
- Young Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- All training costs (flights, transportation in Kampala, accommodation, meals, training and event fees) will be covered by the organizers.
- However, applicants are expected to cover applicants visa expenses and local transportation from and to the airport in applicants country of residence.
Applicants are welcome to apply if:
- Applicants are 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application. No exceptions are made.
- Applicants are the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well- defined water problem in their country. The initiative should be in its planning or initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social business (i.e. have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
- Applicants are a citizen and resident of one of these East African countries:
- Applicants have a valid passport (that expires after March 2020) and applicants are available to attend a workshop in Kampala the dates it will be held (to be confirmed). Exceptions can be made only in cases where the applicant can obtain a passport within two weeks from being selected.
- Applicants intend to stay in applicants country for at least 1.5 years after the training and spend at least 15 hours per week to work on their social business.
- Applicants have at least an intermediate knowledge of English; applicants are able to understand and express opinions in this language (the workshop will be held in English).
- Applicants are not a business expert. Candidates having no or basic business knowledge will benefit the most from the content delivered in the training.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
For more information, visit http://youngwatersolutions.org/#ywf