Deadline: 17 January 2020
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from qualified entities to implement the Addendum (#1) entitled “Global Feed the Future Agricultural Biotechnology program”.
This Addendum (#1) to the Feed the Future Agricultural Biotechnology for Food Security Annual Program Statement (“Agricultural Biotechnology APS”) supported by the USAID Bureau for Food Security, Office of Agriculture Research and Policy (USAID/BFS/ARP).
The purpose of this Addendum is to allow USAID/BFS/ARP to develop and implement a global program of agricultural biotechnology activities consistent with the purpose and objectives described in the overarching Agricultural Biotechnology APS, as well as the geographic and technical scope indicated in this Addendum. To accomplish this, the Addendum establishes a cocreation process whereby USAID seeks extensive communication with prospective partners in order to jointly explore and define key challenges and problems, identify new and existing solutions, build consensus around areas for action, and/or refine plans to move forward with programs, projects, and activities pertaining to agricultural biotechnology.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
In particular, the co-creation process described under this Addendum provides an entry point for prospective new awardees to seek USAID support, as well as for current and past awardees to compete for continued support for ongoing activities.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
BFS/ARP’s global biotechnology program aims to advance food security objectives according to the country and regional priorities outlined in the GFSS (Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Kenya, Mali, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Uganda). The bulk of resources, effort, and impact of activities developed under this Addendum should therefore accrue to countries and regions consistent with Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) priorities. However, where appropriate, USAID programming may strategically engage additional countries or regions beyond those identified as GFSS target or aligned countries in order to access relevant resources and expertise that help address country level constraints and/or catalyze broader regional and global food security impacts.
Focal Crop and Livestock Commodities
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
As part of its strategic leadership of the broader GFSS food security research and innovation agenda, USAID/BFS/ARP has identified a subset of crop and livestock commodities for prioritized investment and programming across all of its global research activities. This is intended to focus and concentrate limited resources on commodities with the greatest potential to impact target beneficiaries under the GFSS, as well as to enhance strategic alignment with country-led priorities and other development donors. Commodities were selected based on:
- Prioritization studies conducted by IFPRI and USDA-ERS showing the potential for impact to future regional trade and farm income among various crops if yield increases were accelerated year after year through 2030;
- Findings from USAID’s previous investments in crop research and their program evaluations (which included recommendations for future research priorities); and
- USAID’s interest in advancing crops and livestock of local importance to the communities, countries, and regions targeted by Feed the Future, as evidenced by their selection as focal value chains under GFSS Country and Regional Strategies.
Based on the above considerations, commodities that will receive prioritized consideration for BFS/ARP funding, including under this Addendum to the Agricultural Biotechnology APS, include:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Cereals (maize, rice, wheat, sorghum, millet)
- Legumes (common bean, cowpea, peanut/groundnut, soya)
- Roots, tubers, and bananas (potato, cassava, banana)
- Horticulture crops (emphasis on horticultural species of broad global or regional relevance to smallholders)
- Livestock (poultry, cattle, small ruminants, fish, dairy)
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $100,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $20,000,000
- Award Floor: $1
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- All types of organizations, including public, private, for-profit, or nonprofit organizations; public international organizations; non-governmental organizations; U.S. and non-U.S. governmental organizations; or multilateral or international donor organizations are eligible to submit Concept Notes in response to this Addendum. To lead the final award, all organizations must be determined to be responsive to this Addendum to which the Concept Note is being submitted and it must come from organizations that can be determined sufficiently responsible.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322666