Deadline: 20 February 2019
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) is accepting applications for its Culture of Health Leaders program to offer leadership development for leaders from all sectors and is based on evidence, informed by experience, and grounded in principles of equity and social justice. These principles are the basis of everything participants experience throughout the program.
This structured three-year program is for any individual—from any walk of life (for-profit, nonprofit, government, or social enterprise)—who is highly motivated, ready, and open to learn, lead, and collaborate with organizations, communities, systems, and policymakers to build a Culture of Health in our nation. leaders come from the technology, education, housing, transportation, social sector, business, the arts, and countless other disciplines.
The Culture of Health Leaders curriculum and experience is designed to equip and support leaders through a process that helps them achieve mastery of self, relationships, environment, and change. By the end of the three years, leaders will apply the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion to create sustainable change in their communities, organizations, or systems.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Number of leaders in the 2019 cohort: up to 40
- Grant funds from RWJF will include:
- Stipend: up to $20,000 per year for three years (total of up to $60,000)
- Project funds: funding of up to $35,000 for activities related to the implementation and evaluation of a community-based strategic initiative that promotes a Culture of Health. This strategic initiative must be approved by the national program center and the Foundation in year 2 of the program (not at time of initial application)
- Additional tools and resources: leaders may also be eligible to receive additional support directly from the national program center, if needed, to help make it easier for them to participate in the program.
- Payment of grant funds: Grant funds are not paid directly to the individual leader. All grant funds will be paid to an organization (“sponsoring institution”) identified by the leader.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The Culture of Health Leaders program is open to individuals from any walk of life who are committed to working with organizations, communities, health systems, and policymakers to build a Culture of Health in America.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old as of September 1, 2019.
- Federal, state, tribal and local government employees are eligible to apply unless they are considered government officials under Section 4946 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or individuals granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the time of application. As federal policy or laws change, we may need to consider adjustments in eligibility and grant terms.
- Individual candidates for receipt of award funds cannot be related by blood or marriage to any Officer or Trustee of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, or be a descendant of its founder, Robert Wood Johnson.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/funding-opportunities/2019/culture-of-health-leaders.html