Deadline: 20 February 2019
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) is accepting applications for its Culture of Health Leaders program to offer leadership development for leaders from all sectors and is based on evidence, informed by experience, and grounded in principles of equity and social justice. These principles are the basis of everything participants experience throughout the program.
This structured three-year program is for any individual—from any walk of life (for-profit, nonprofit, government, or social enterprise)—who is highly motivated, ready, and open to learn, lead, and collaborate with organizations, communities, systems, and policymakers to build a Culture of Health in our nation. leaders come from the technology, education, housing, transportation, social sector, business, the arts, and countless other disciplines.
The Culture of Health Leaders curriculum and experience is designed to equip and support leaders through a process that helps them achieve mastery of self, relationships, environment, and change. By the end of the three years, leaders will apply the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion to create sustainable change in their communities, organizations, or systems.
- Number of leaders in the 2019 cohort: up to 40
- Grant funds from RWJF will include:
- Stipend: up to $20,000 per year for three years (total of up to $60,000)
- Project funds: funding of up to $35,000 for activities related to the implementation and evaluation of a community-based strategic initiative that promotes a Culture of Health. This strategic initiative must be approved by the national program center and the Foundation in year 2 of the program (not at time of initial application)
- Additional tools and resources: leaders may also be eligible to receive additional support directly from the national program center, if needed, to help make it easier for them to participate in the program.
- Payment of grant funds: Grant funds are not paid directly to the individual leader. All grant funds will be paid to an organization (“sponsoring institution”) identified by the leader.
- The Culture of Health Leaders program is open to individuals from any walk of life who are committed to working with organizations, communities, health systems, and policymakers to build a Culture of Health in America.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old as of September 1, 2019.
- Federal, state, tribal and local government employees are eligible to apply unless they are considered government officials under Section 4946 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or individuals granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the time of application. As federal policy or laws change, we may need to consider adjustments in eligibility and grant terms.
- Individual candidates for receipt of award funds cannot be related by blood or marriage to any Officer or Trustee of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, or be a descendant of its founder, Robert Wood Johnson.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/funding-opportunities/2019/culture-of-health-leaders.html