Nominations are now open for the 2020 UNHCR NGO Innovation Award (“the Award”) to celebrate efforts and achievements of NGOs who developed innovative approaches for protection and delivery of services to refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
The objective of the award is to provide public recognition to those efforts resulting in better protection and delivery of service to refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR and amplify the acts of solidarity and innovation in this age of disruption.
This year, UNHCR will dedicate the award to Refugee-led Organizations (RLOs). The Award 2020 looks for novel and creative solutions RLOs have developed in response to COVID-19 at the global, regional, national, and local levels.
- A prize of USD 15,000 for each winner. One representative of each winning RLO will be invited to attend a virtual/in-person award ceremony held in parallel to UNHCR’s 70th-anniversary celebration in December 2020.
- Legally registered non-profit RLO with a bank account
- Working with refugees, IDPs, the stateless and host communities in the forcibly displaced context
- Demonstrated innovative approaches that address challenges in the COVID-19 response in a creative and novel manner, reflecting the value of diversity and inclusion
- Understanding of the problem/issue at hand
- The novelty of solution (a solution is new to the context, or new to the world – product, service, process, or outcome)
- Inclusion (who has been involved)
- Impact and/or initial findings/results.
For more information, visit https://www.unhcr.org/innovation/unhcr-ngo-innovation-award-2020/