The 2023 AgeTech Accelerator sponsored by AARP is a quick 6-week program intended to support 10 startups with technology solutions designed to meet the needs of the world’s aging population break into the $45 trillion ‘AgeTech’ market.
Startups selected for this program will work intensely on the desirability, feasibility and viability of their idea. Upon completion of the program, startups will automatically be granted acceptance into AARP Portfolio startups.
Areas of focus
- They are actively recruiting startups whose technology or solution aligns with the following areas:
- Upon completion of the program, you will emerge with:
- A deeper understanding and connection to the needs of the 50+ consumer market
- Exposure and connection to a vast network of enterprises and investors who have a shared interest in the AgeTech category
- Access to the AgeTech Collaborative, AARP’s community of curated testbeds, industry leaders, investors, and other startups that are using technology to help people choose how they live as they age. Within the AgeTech Collaborative you’ll be able to search for pilot opportunities, access vendor services, and network with other AgeTech insiders.
How is MassChallenge different from other accelerators?
- MassChallenge does not take equity from the startups they support (yes, really).
- MassChallenge is open to startups across any industry, from anywhere in the world.
- MassChallenge is a global network, which means more resources and more access for all founders.
- MassChallenge is one of the largest accelerators in the world – which means more resources for participating founders.
- MassChallenge uses a competition framework to facilitate the accelerator program:
- They use two rounds of judging during the application process to select startups for the cohort.
- Experts from the startup community serve as MassChallenge judges.
For more information, visit AgeTech Accelerator Program .