The proposed projects must promote, in these sectors, access to essential services for as many people as possible with the potential of having a concrete impact on the socio-economic development of the continent.
Energy Generation is surrounded by personalities across the 4 corners of the continent who are committed to promote the # AEGP2020 with the ingenious young Africans and to support the candidates in their applications.
- 10 winners will have the chance to enroll in a free 2-year diploma training in the Business Schools. This entrepreneurship training will allow them to transform their innovative idea into a viable startup.
- All motivated young African residents having an innovative project in one of the 3 thematic areas of the competition.
- Participation in the competition is open to anyone living in Africa, excluding Energy Generation staff, Energy Generation ambassadors, previous AEGP’s winners and current students of the Business & Energy School.
- By participating, each participant accepts and agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Participating in the contest implies the acceptance of all and each one of these rules, the existing rules of conduct on the Internet.
- Any non-compliance with any of these Terms and Conditions may disqualify a participant at any stage of the competition, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
- To participate, applicants must complete the application form online which includes uploading two videos online :
- a video presentation of the applicant (2 minutes maximum)
- a video presentation of his/her project (5 minutes maximum).
- Applications must be submitted individually.
- Applicants may be assisted, if they wish, by one of the contest ambassadors. The list of ambassadors is available at this address:
- Applicants can submit their applications 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by connecting to the site via a standard Internet browser. Applications are submitted from July 15, 2020, and the closing date is August 15, 2020, until midnight (GMT).
- The projects will then be reviewed by a technical selection committee, composed of professionals from the field, who will evaluate the projects and designate the finalists. The committee will then proceed to the final selection of the laureates after a phase of interviews.
- The winners of the AEGP 2020 will be announced on August 30, 2020. The training will start on October 5, 2020, in Lomé (Togo) for the French-speaking laureates, and in Accra (Ghana) for the English-speaking laureates.
- The responsibility of Energy Generation will in no case be engaged in case of a possible malfunction of the method of participation in this competition, related to the characteristics of the Internet itself; in these cases, the participants will not be able to claim any compensation of any nature whatsoever.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- The motivation and involvement of the applicant for the project
- The innovative character (technical and/or entrepreneurial)
- The original character (technical and/or entrepreneurial)
- The technical and economic feasibility of the proposed project (For e.g: the materials used are affordable and found locally.)
- Clarity and coherence in the presentation of the project
- This is not an exhaustive list and the selection committee, according to the projects, may consider other rating elements.
- The applications will be subject to moderation and will be checked retrospectively and the association reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove, without notice to the applicants, any contents that do not meet the principles of publication and communities on the Internet.
- By entering the contest, the participants agree that their data can be published and used by the Energy Generation Association for an unlimited time.
For more information, visit https://www.energy-generation.org/aegp2020?lang=en